Donnerstag, 24. November 2011

pumpkin frozen yogurt

Yesterday I grabbed the last pumpkin at the supermarket and I made some delicious pumpkin pasta for about 10 people because I can never estimate how many noodles I need.

Nevertheless I had about half of the pumpkin left, and since I'm the only one in this household who likes pumpkin, I couldn't make a pie. ok I could, but I couldn't eat it all by myself. So instead I made myself some frozen yogurt!
Here's the recipe:


Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt



makes 2 servings

70g pumpkin purée
500g low fat yogurt
70g sugar
2 egg whites
cinnamon
ginger
vanilla flavouring

Prepare:
First you need to make the pumpkin purée. You could also use the canned one but I couldn't find it.
Heat up some water in a pan and cook the pumpkin about 30 minutes on low heat. 
Then pour off the water and mash the pumpkin.
Let the purée cool down a bit.

Also you need to sift the yogurt so it gets a kind of cream cheese consistency. Put a kitchen towel in a sieve and onto a bowl. Then put the yogurt in and some plastic wrap upon it. Let it rest for around 6 hours!


When the preparing is done you can mix the yogurt (wich will be only around 300g left) with sugar. Mix it for a few minutes (4-5) so it gets all creamy.
Then stir in a bit of cinnamon and ginger spice, as well as some vanilla flavouring.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the yogurt.
At the end mix in the pumpkin purée.

Then you have to freeze it for about 3-4 hours until it reaches the consistency you wish.
Take it out every hour and stir it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen