Donnerstag, 17. November 2011

NO SOUP FOR YOU*

*Seinfeld

There are days when I don't know what I want to eat. And when I finally decide what I would like to have the shops are already closed.
so that's when I start to cook up something from scratch.

Yesterday witchcraft and wizardry came together and I made this super yummy soup, which is kind of Asian, but I can't tell which kind because I just threw some stuff in and was lucky to have a good result :)

so here's the recipe: (please note: it seems like a lot of stuff to buy but most of those things either belong to my usual inventory or are cheap to get)


Vegan Super Yummy Non-Labeled Asian Soup



Ingredients:

leek, finely chopped
pickeled bell pepper
garlic, pressed or finely chopped
bamboo shoots
mie noodles (or any other Asian soup noodles)
smoked tofu
vegetable stock 
soy sauce
dried ginger
peanut butter
vegetable oil
and some salt and pepper (I used cayenne) 


First heat up some vegetable oil in a saucepan. Stir-fry the garlic (just a bit..don't let it brown!), then add the leek, bell pepper, diced smoked tofu and a bit of soy sauce. Cook for only a few minutes then add the vegetable stock (about 700 ml). Let it cook for about 10 minutes on mid heat. 
Next you add the bamboo shoots and noodles. It needs to cook for about another 5 minutes until the noodles are done.
Now add the spices as ginger, salt and pepper. And also stir in about half a tablespoon of peanut butter. This may sound a bit weird but it goes very well with the flavours.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen